· Staff Writer/Photographer/Copy Editor at Legion Magazine.
· 49 years as a photographer; 39 years an editor, lecturer and award-winning reporter.
· Only journalist with 3rd Battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, throughout their March 2002 assault on the Whale's Back in eastern Afghanistan, Canada's first wartime assault in 50 years. Reported from the frontlines on numerous combat operations during a year in Afghanistan and time with NATO forces in Kosovo.
· Covered combat operations with all Canadian regiments, combat engineers and armoured units as well as the U.S. Special Forces, 82nd Airborne, 101st Airborne and 10th Mountain Divisions.
· Recipient of the Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Medal "in recognition of contributions to Canada."
· National Magazine Awards 2019 Silver in the Photojournalism and Photo Essay category for Citizens of War, published in the November/December 2018 edition of Legion Magazine; three National Newspaper Awards; 2002 Ross Munro Media Award for defence reporting; four RTNDA national radio awards; two-time winner of The Canadian Press Story of the Year; 14 Canadian Press Stories of the Month; 10 Canadian Press Livewire Awards for breaking-news coverage, along with many other national and regional journalism awards; two-time Grand Prize winner for Best in Show, Western Photo Gallery, Calgary Stampede Art Show and Sale.
· Former editor of The CWCA Newsletter, the Canadian War Correspondents Association journal.
· Multiple appearances on CBC-TV, CBC Newsworld, CBC Radio, CTV, CTV NewsNet, Global TV, CPAC, Fox Television, AP Radio, ABC Radio, WarNews Radio, U.S. National Public Radio, as well as private and syndicated radio across Canada, the United States and Great Britain.
· Pictures in Time, Maclean's (including one cover), Weekly World News, Legion Magazine (multiple covers), International Journal (three covers), The New Quarterly (cover); Action Press Annual, Stars & Stripes, Army News, Canadian Cowboy Country Magazine, and daily newspapers worldwide.
· Multiple photographic exhibitions across Canada and in the United States.
· Feb. 15-June 2, 2019: The Wounded at The Canadian War Museum. The exhibition of photographs had a wildly successful run and is now slated to embark on a three-year cross-country tour.
· The 14-month, award-winning exhibition Afghanistan: A Glimpse of War, ending in April 2008, broke all attendance records at The Canadian War Museum in Ottawa. The exhibition – a journalist's stories, pictures and artifacts along with video from documentary filmmaker Garth Pritchard – also toured the country.